Eco-Friendly – Luisa Table
WHY CUR8 LOVES IT!
We discovered EcoBirdy at Maison & Objet and it was love at first sight! Did you know that over 90% of toys are made of plastic and only have an average lifespan of 6 months? Ecobirdy recycles these discarded toys into playful, beautifully designed children’s furniture – from kids, for kids. Ecobirdy has also launched a school program to introduce youngsters to the circular economy and inspire them to contribute to a more sustainable future.
Minimum Order Quantity: 2
SIGN IN TO SEE PRICES AND PURCHASE
Officially launched in January 2018, ecoBirdy is a new brand that has presented its first collection of unique design furniture items for kids at Maison & Objet in Paris. Following an in-depth two-year study period exploring how to sustainably recycle plastic toys, ecoBirdy started to create pieces that are 100% made of recycled plastic waste and can easily be recycled again. The Antwerp-based designers have not only created design pieces, but a whole system from the collection and recycling of old, unused plastic toys to the design and production of the furniture. It was essential to the founders that each step be based on social and environmental responsibility. An accompanying storybook and school-programme has been designed to introduce youngsters to the circular economy and inspire them to contribute to a more sustainable future. The design, recycling and production of ecoBirdy furniture is all done in Europe. Fair business practices are an integral part of the ethos.
|Dimensions||29.5 x 21.7 x 19.7 in|
rotational-moulded polyethylene (100% recycled plastic)
Ocean, Party, Vanilla
Part of a set with the Charlie Chair, Luisa is a table featuring soft shapes and rounded edges. Thanks to a smooth transition from table top to legs, Luisa is comfortable as well as safe for kids’ use. Suitable for private as well as public spaces, inside or out, Luisa is supplied with an invisible floor anchoring device. We act environmentally and socially responsible:
- Products made from 100% recycled European plastic waste
- Products are 100% recyclable again
- ecoBirdy school program collects old plastic toys
- ecoBirdy children’s book raises awareness and educates on circular design
- We respect the earth’s resources, provide fair working conditions and sustainable packaging
- Products have safe, non-sharp edges
- Each piece is unique given random nature of speckled pattern
- Our design offers well-studies, ergonomic shapes; each piece is light and stable
- Pieces have special surface treatment for easy cleaning
- We offer colorful products without the use of pigments; free from harmful chemicals
- Made in Italy
We have answers! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org